The department has highly committed faculty with strong research background and from various domains of Mechanical Engineering like- Welding Technology, Turbo Mechanics, Machine Design and Dynamics and Control Mechanics.
The academic and research focus areas of Mechanical Engineering are:
APPLY FOR ADMISSION NOW
SALIENT FEATURES OF UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS:
- 8 to 10 months of internship
- Electives within and across discipline
- Flexible academic structure.
- Experiential learning
- Degree with specialization
- Soft Skills training for enhancing placement opportunities
- Student involvement in societal activities
- Degree with interdisciplinary minor
- Encouragement for research
- Student centric education
Mechanical Engineering is one of the most versatile and dynamic fields of engineering. While pursuing this degree, the student will study a wide variety of subjects and gain plenty of skills that would open doors to a number of career options. It is versatile because a variety of subjects are included in the pursuit of Mechanical Engineering degree. Mechanical Engineers are required in a large variety of industries. Some of the most popular openings in Mechanical Engineering industries are- automotive, HVAC, moulds manufacturing, steel companies, foundries, workshops, pipe companies, aerospace, chemical, construction, electronics, metal industries, and the likes. The field of Mechanical Engineering is considered as an “Ever Green" field.
For the academic year 2020-21, the department offers undergraduate level program and Doctoral level programs.
B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering: 30 seats