The department of Chemistry offers Graduate Program in Chemistry. It offers 2 year M. Sc. program with focus on research in a wide range of interest from traditional physical, inorganic, organic, organometallic chemistry to new frontiers of chemical biology, material research and nano science. It has highly qualified faculty which aims to cultivate both strong academic relations and successful connection between course and research programmes.
The key academic and research areas are:
APPLY FOR ADMISSION NOW
SALIENT FEATURES OF GRADUATE PROGRAM:
- Credited internship program in industries/ CSIR laboratories/ at university campus.
- Flexible academic structure.
- Experimental learning
- Soft Skill training for enhancing placement opportunities.
- Student involvement in societal activities.
- Soft skill training for better placement opportunitiesEncouragement for research..
- Student centric education.
There are many job opportunities available in the public and private sector for candidates who have completed their Master's in Chemistry.
Central Government Jobs after M. Sc. Chemestry (Organic & Analytical)
- There are ample research institutes in our country that require professionals in the field of chemistry. The ISRO, DRDO, Bhabha Atomic research Centre (BARC), Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer etc. employ students from M. Sc. Chemistry (Organic & Analytical) very frequently via national level entrances with lucrative salaries.
- On top of this, the UPSC, CSIR – UGC, SSC etc. conduct entrance exams for the recruitment of qualified candidates into the various departments of the government as Scientists.
- In addition to this candidate with M. Sc. Chemistry (Organic & Analytical) can also appear in the Civil Service exams and state PCS where a sound background in chemistry provides an edge.
- It is also possible for them to join petroleum companies such as the Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oil Corporation, ONGC, and NTPC etc. which regularly conduct recruitment exams for officers. Sound knowledge of chemistry is necessary.
Jobs in private sector
A candidate with a Master's degree in Chemistry can get jobs with chemical industries, pharmaceutical industries such as Ranbaxy, Cipla, Glaxo etc. as quality controllers and other related profiles. They may also have opportunity in Food technology industry and Packaging industry.
Candidates after M. Sc. are eligible for M. Tech from IITs in anyone of the fields
- Nano Technology
- Chemical Synthesis and Process Development
- Biotechnology and Biochemical Engineering
- Polymer Science & Technology and Textile Engineering
- Modern method of Chemical Analysis
- Material Science and Metallurgy
- Fibre Science
- Rubber Technology
- Advanced Chemical Analysis
- Material Sciences
M. Sc. Chemistry (Organic & Analytical): 150 seats