The Department of Physics offers Post Graduate Program in Physics. M. Sc. Physics course is a four semester course. The course is designed to prepare students with a thorough knowledge of fundamentals as well as recent advances. The students will be exposed to the areas such as nanotechnology, polymers, laser & optics, biophysics and to new frontiers of physical science, material research and nano science. It has highly qualified faculty which aims to cultivate both strong academic relations and successful connection between course and research programmes. The course also offers industrial projects in semester four to make them industry-ready.
The Key Academic and Research areas are:
- Semiconductor devices
Salient Features of the Program:
- Credited internship program in industries/ CSIR laboratories/ at university campus.
- Flexible academic structure.
- Experimental learning
- Soft Skill training for enhancing placement opportunities.
- Student involvement in societal activities.
- Soft skill training for better placement opportunities.
- Encouragement for research.
- Student centric education.
APPLY FOR ADMISSION NOW
Candidates after M. Sc. are eligible for M. Tech in IITs:
- Nano Technology
- Polymer Science & Technology and Textile Engineering
- Material Science and Metallurgy
- Fibre Science
- Material Sciences
- Laser Spectroscopy
- Fibre Optics
- Various types of Sensor Applications
- Biomedical Applications
There are many job opportunitiesavailable in the public and private sector for candidates who have completed their Master's in Physics in many of the government or private organizations, instrumentation industry,academics, and many more.
Central Government Jobs after M. Sc. Physics:
- There are ample research institutes in our country that require professionals in the field of Physics. The ISRO, DRDO, Bhabha Atomic research Centre (BARC), TIFR, HRI, RRI, etc. employ students from M.Sc. Physics very frequently via national level entrances with lucrative salaries.
- On top of this, the UPSC, CSIR – UGC, SSC etc. conduct entrance exams for the recruitment of qualified candidates into the various departments of the government as Scientists.
- In addition to this candidate with M. Sc. Physics can also appear in the Civil Service exams and state PCS where a sound background in physics provides an edge.
- It is also possible for them to join petroleum companies such as the Bharat Petroleum, Indian Oil Corporation, ONGC, and NTPC etc. which regularly conduct recruitment exams for officers.
Jobs in Private Sector:
A candidate with a Master's degree in Physics can get jobs with polymer industries, fibre industry, laser industry and other related profiles as research and development officer. They may also have opportunity in instrumentation industries for the development of new instruments.
The department has highly qualified and experienced PhD faculties from premier institutes as IIT, IISc, IISER, NIT etc. with Post Doc experience from foreign countries.