Admission Policy

Academic Programs

School of Engineering offers Graduate and Doctoral level programs in areas of Engineering and Technology.

School of Engineering

Programme Intake
B.Tech. in Computer Sciences and Engineering 120
B.Tech. in Chemical and Biochemical Engineering 60
B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering 60
Ph.D. Chemical & Biochemical Engineering 05

School of Sciences offers Graduate, Post-graduate and Doctoral level programs in the area Chemistry and Biosciences.

School of Sciences

Programme Intake
B.Sc. (Hons.) In Chemistry 60
B.Sc. (Hons.) In Biosciences 60
M.Sc. in Chemistry 30
M.Sc. in Biosciences 30
Ph. D. in Chemistry 05

Seat Bifurcation and Eligibility Criteria

School of Engineering

In School of Engineering, admission of 75% of seats will be filled by ACPC and remaining 25% of seats will be filled through University All India/NRI students.

Sr. No Program ACPC (75%) All India /NRI(25%) Total
1 Computer Sciences and Engineering 90 30 120
2 Chemical & Biochemical Engineering 45 15 60
3 Mechanical Engineering 45 15 60

The seats will be filled in by following manner:

75% Seats (ACPC, GoG):-These seats shall be filled-in by the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the schools located in the state of Gujarat including Diu, Daman, and Dadra Nagar Haveli. These seats shall be filled in as per the guidelines of ACPC. Candidate has to apply to ACPC, GoG, separately. (Website: jacpcldce.ac.in)

25% All India/NRI: These seats shall be filled from the candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from the schools located in India (including Gujarat State)/abroad and/or have appeared for JEE (Main) 2018 examination.

Eligibility Criteria

The admissions in the School of Engineering shall be done via ACPC and by the University itself.

Mode of Admission
ACPC All India
Eligibility
10 + 2 (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) Candidate must have passed 12th Science Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with the percentage of marks as to be decided by the Government of Gujarat under the rules of admission.
Percentage of marks in subjects prescribed by AICTE from time to time and as per ACPC norms.
Candidate must have studied from School/Centre located in Gujarat or its union territory and must have appeared in GUJCET.

School of Sciences

In School of Sciences, for all of its programs, admission shall be done by University on merit basis.

Sr. No Program All India (100 %)
1 B.Sc. (Hons.) In Chemistry 60
2 B.Sc. (Hons.) In Biosciences 60
3 M.Sc. in Chemistry 30
4 M.Sc. in Biosciences 30

The seats will be filled in by following manner:

100% Seats University:

These seats shall be filled-in on the basis of the merit by the candidates fulfilling its eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria

  • B.Sc. (Hons.) Chemistry
    The candidate must have passed 12th Science Exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology with minimum aggregate marks.
  • B.Sc.(Hons.) Biosciences
    The candidate must have passed 12th Science Exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology with minimum aggregate marks.
  • M.Sc. Chemistry
    The candidate should have Bachelor’s degree under 10 + 2 +3/4 pattern of education in Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry with minimum aggregate marks.
  • M.Sc. Biosciences
    The candidate should have Bachelor’s degree under 10 + 2 +3/4 pattern of education in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Life Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Bio-technology, and Agricultural with minimum aggregate marks.

Fees Structure

For the academic year 2018-19, Annual Tuition fees are as follows:

Program B.Tech. (INR) B.Sc.(Hons.)(INR) M.Sc.(INR) Ph.D.(INR)
Tuition Fees (Per Annum) 100000** 50000 70000 50000
Other Fees Uni. Enrolment + Prospectus (One time fee) 1000 1000 1000 1000
Exam Fees(Mid Semester + End Exam + Registration) 7000 7000 7000 2000
Seminar, Orientation, Welcome Kit (One time fee) 1000 1000 1000 1000
Deposit Other Deposits (Refundable) 7500 5500 5500 5500
Library Deposit(Refundable) 5500 2500 2500 2500
Total Fees 1,22,000 67,000 87,000 62,000

** Tuition Fees is subject to revision on the basis of the order to be issued by the Fee Regulatory Committee, Government of Gujarat.

Sr.No Particulars Annual Tuition Fees INR
1 Hostel 15,000
2 Mess* 30,000

*special scholarship is given to tribal students.